- 1. METAMASK INSTALLATION (Mobile Devices) — You’ll need a browser that supports Extensions. Download and Use Kiwi Browser.
- In the Browser’s Main Menu, click on “Extensions” and Add the Metamask Extension. (going further in this guide, we’ll abbreviate Metamask as MM)
- After MM is added, you’ll find it (or any other added Extensions) at the bottom of the Browser’s Main Menu.
- Click on MM and Create a new Wallet — Set your MM password (Note: this protects your MM account. Be sure to use a strong password), then click “Create”
- The next page that loads will direct you on saving your Secret Recovery Phrase. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. DON’T SKIP IT!. write down your Secret Recovery Phrase on a fine piece of paper and save it securely offline. Never share or disclose this phrase to anybody. Your Secret Recovery Phrase gives access to your funds and helps you to restore your wallet on any device.
- DON’T LOSE IT; DON’T SHARE IT.
- After you’ve completely set up the MM extension, leave the tab open as it is….. go over to STEP 2 below
- 2. ADDING POLYGON (MATIC) NETWORK TO MM (Mobile Devices)
- Open a new tab and visit https://polygon.technology/
- (Note: since this whole process is done on a Mobile Device, most of the Subsections in the upper region of the site https://polygon.technology/ (as seen on a PC or Laptop) will not be seen at first glance).
- Click on the
Hamburger menuat the top right hand corner and select “Use Polygon”. A mini pop-up will slide down… click on “Polygon Wallet” there.
- Once clicked, this opens a sort of “new” page (the URL will be wallet.polygon.technology)
- Now, click the
Hamburger menuicon at the top right hand corner and then click “Connect to a Wallet” (NOTE: All these while, your MM wallet extension is still opened in a tab in your browser).
- A list of Login options will show. You’ll see “Connect Using: Metamask, WalletConnect, Coinbase”
- Select “Metamask” from the list.
- Now switch tab to your MM wallet tab that was open all along, and refresh the page…
- You’ll see “Connect with Metamask” (the Polygon logo will be just above it)….. click on “Next”, and then on “Connect”
- A Signature Request will show, click on “Sign” at the bottom
- Now, go over to the previous tab (ie. the wallet.polygon.technology tab)
- click on the
Hamburger menuicon at the top right hand corner and click on ” ::: Apps “, then click “Polygon Wallet” from the mini drop-down menu.
- It will take you to wallet.polygon.technology/wallet
- Click the purple button labelled: “Switch to Polygon”
- Now, go over to the tab with your opened MM wallet extension, refresh the page, read and click “Approve” at the base….. It’ll ask you the question: ‘Allow this site to switch the network?’ ….. click on “Switch Network” at the bottom.
- CONGRATS! so far, you’ve installed the MM extension and switched to Polygon (Matic) Network. Remaining 2 more steps and we’re done 🙂
- 3. GETTING 1FLR ADDRESS
- Still on the Kiwi Browser, open a new tab and login to your Pipeflare account.
- Go to the “Daily Rewards” page and select FLR.
- You’ll see the empty ‘
Add FLR address‘ box and a summary of all we’ve done so far.
- At this point, you’re concerned with: ‘Add Flare Token Click Here‘… so click on the purple highlighted “Click Here” text.
- Go over to your MM wallet extension tab and refresh the page. You’ll see a statement: ‘Add Suggested Tokens‘ with 1FLR stated…. click on “Add Token” at the bottom. Done!
- Now, go over to your Pipeflare account, refresh the site
- Go to the “Daily Rewards” page and select FLR
- At this point, you’re concerned with: ‘Get Flare Token Address Click Here‘… so click on that purple highlighted “Click Here” text
- Immediately, your FLR address is autofilled in the box and you’ll click on “Save” to save it to your account.
- You can then go ahead and claim your FLR
- After claiming, you can check your “Claims History” page and you’ll see your address there.